Johns Hopkins Executive Committee Meeting: January 14, 2020 5-6:30 p.m. ET
Leadership Weekend 2020: October 3 -4, 2020
Overview and Responsibilities
The Alumni Council is the governing body of the Johns Hopkins Alumni Association and is responsible for the overall direction and management of the Alumni Association.
The council’s primary responsibilities include:
- Advising the university on alumni affairs
- Developing programs to strengthen alumni connections with the university
- Developing networking opportunities for alumni and current students
- Helping prepare current students for their role as alumni
- The Alumni Council includes 64 voting members and nine student representatives, one from each division. The full council holds an annual meeting each October. Our 2019 annual meeting took place on October 4 - 5 and our 2020 annual meeting is set for October 3 - 4, 2020.
Alumni Council members serve three-year terms which may be renewed once. Council members are elected by the current Alumni Council from a pool of nominees who have been engaged in Alumni Association activities in a significant way. In order to be elected to the Alumni Council, alumni must be nominated.
For more information about nominations, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 410-516-0363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.